Difficulty Designing a Centralized Global SAM Program
When you’re spread across 40 geographic regions like this global manufacturing organization, central visibility into your software becomes extremely important.
Unfortunately, their SAM team had no strategy for aligning the many modes of thinking, communicating, and operating that units were employed across the world. No surprise that this lack of central transparency across the globe was costing them enormously.
Implement Processes, Controls, and Tests to Identify Risks
The client partnered with Anglepoint in a Managed Service to tackle the various challenges:
- Establish effective policy controls (detective & preventative). This ensured all software purchasing went through approved buying channels—no matter where in the world they were made.
- Support a transition into designed success for areas like Enterprise Architecture, IT Security, Software Lifecycle Management, and SAM Governance.
- Establish a definitive Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for worldwide Hardware Asset Management (HAM), with supporting processes, policies, and data governance.
€6M in Cost Savings
- €4.7M total cost saving and €4.5M in cost avoidance via maintenance fee reduction with PTC, Windchill, ConfigIT, & Dassault SolidWorks.
- €750k cost avoidance for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) usage & licensing.
- €550k cost avoidance due to optimization of Microsoft Visio & project deployment.
- €250k cost avoidance with Oracle Java optimization.
We engaged Anglepoint to deliver a managed services program for 10 prioritized software publishers with regular monitoring of entitlements, consumption, compliance reporting, and optimization.