4 Keys to unlock sam’s strategic value
“By 2026, 60% of IT organizations will need to refocus the SAM function due to poorly established foundations in order to enable business’ digital transformations.”1
We’re pleased to offer complimentary access to this latest Gartner® research exploring the roadblocks and keys to a SAM program that really deliver strategic value to an organization.
As per Gartner®, “The management of software assets presents new challenges with cost management and license compliance as the rise of SaaS and cloud computing promotes flexibility and IT modernization and the shift to hybrid work models. These changes make it imperative for organizations to move toward a mature SAM framework to provide the business with better visibility into its software investments for compliance, optimization, and digital transformation opportunities.”
But what’s standing in the way?
This report explores four key findings that organizations struggle with when it comes to optimizing their SAM function:
- A lack of investment in the SAM initiative handicaps the discipline, hindering its ability to mature processes and provide real-time visibility into the enterprise’s software estate
- Failing to address poor data quality leads to the prevalence of untrustworthy data within an organization’s business processes
- The promise of SAM’s strategic value to the enterprise is thwarted when a chosen SAM tool fails to meet expectations because requirements, their derivative use cases, and the tool’s limitations were not properly understood, defined and prioritized during the selection process
- Ignoring the skills gap in an organization’s SAM team leads to disruption in business priorities when SAM resources are ill-equipped to perform in dynamic IT environments.
Access the report today for guidance on tackling each of these roadblocks and robust information on how to build a SAM program that delivers strategic value.
Complimentary Access to Gartner® Research
What’s covered in this report?
- The importance of building a business case and proving to C-level executives that SAM can be a strategic partner and is essential to helping meet business objectives.
- The recommended steps and process to address data quality issues. This includes identifying what data assets are needed, discovering the interdependent processes that create and house the data for its license reconciliation and analysis needs, partnering with process/data owners through workshops or conversations to develop governance, and continually assessing SAM data sources to ensure quality and assign ownership for remediation and maintenance.
- How to improve SAM tool performance by managing tool expectations. Too often, tools overstate their capabilities and don’t meet the complex use cases of today’s multifaceted on-premises, cloud, and hybrid licensing environments.
- The critical need to make sure that your SAM team has all the required skills to succeed in our modern, ever-changing digital world.
1Source: Gartner, 4 Keys to Unlock SAM’s Strategic Value, Yolanda Harris, Jaswant Kalay, Stephen White, 3 March 2023
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.