Are you constantly dealing with employee turnover within your SAM organization? Are you bombarded by Software Publisher audits and impossible data requests? Were you sold a SAM tool that takes a rocket scientist to implement? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then a SAM Managed Service Provider (MSP) could be the answer to your problems. Here are 3 major benefits to consider when thinking about adding an MSP to your arsenal.
Benefit #1 – Experts Right Where You Need Them
SAM is likely not your company’s core competency. Instead, let your managed service provider be the software licensing expert and drive value to your SAM function.
- Strategy and Direction: A managed service provider has years of SAM experience and can provide strategy and direction on how to build an effective SAM program tailored to your organization’s needs.
- Experience Multiplier: MSPs have seen many of the same scenarios with different clients and can help leverage their experience to improve your SAM maturity.
- Licensing Expertise: A managed service provider provides an array of licensing experts for all your most difficult publishers and can help manage the software lifecycle from cradle to grave.
Benefit #2 – Master SAM Tool Implementors
Let’s take advantage of that investment you have made in tooling by using your SAM service provider to magnify the value you get out of your SAM tool.
- Fluent in Major SAM Tools: MSPs are fluent in the major SAM tools and can help implement the tool and onboard your material publishers by importing entitlements and normalizing discovery to provide a dashboard view of your Effective License Position.
- Worry-free Operation: MSPs provide upkeep and maintenance that is required to keep your SAM solution healthy and running optimally as software and environments change.
- Reporting Excellence: MSPs are gurus who can create all types of useful reports from your SAM tool that can benefit any department who needs CMDB or SAM-related data within your organization.
Benefit #3 – Demonstrate SAM Excellence to Executive Leadership and Third Parties
Managed Service Providers can help your SAM department become a trusted advisor for all departments, directly and indirectly, related to SAM Procurement, Information Security, Product Management, IT Infrastructure, and IT Finance).
- Culture of Trustworthy Data: MSPs help you establish accurate and complete data that you can utilize from all your disparate data sources. This knowledge can be used as an information service that any department can consume. This service increases the perceived value of SAM within your organization.
- Audit Risk Mitigation: Investing in an MSP shows software publishers that you are serious about your commitment to SAM and will potentially reduce the number of audits you experience. MSPs also help your organization traverse the complex tactics that auditors employ, thus decreasing potential financial and reputational risk.
- Skillful Negotiators. MSPs are skillful negotiators who can navigate the pitfalls of software renewals, cloud adoption strategies, audits, contract analysis, and Enterprise License Agreement Terms and Conditions. These skills will maximize the value of your organization’s software investment.
Consider these benefits when deciding if a SAM Managed Service Provider is best for your organization’s needs. If you have already decided that a SAM Service Provider is what you need, make sure to read “Things to Consider When Choosing a SAM Service Provider” for tips on what to look for when trying to find the best MSP for your organization. If you have further questions, we are here to help. Reach out to us at Info@Anglepoint.com or schedule a meeting where one of our experts will gladly answer any questions you may have.