The 2022 Magic Quadrant™ report from Gartner® evaluates 11 vendors in the industry for SAM managed services comparing their strengths and cautions, and offering a wealth of research on market trends and strategic considerations.
With the growth in cloud services and continuing trend of remote working, software asset management has never been more important for organizations.
As the Gartner report notes, “Recruiting, retaining or developing skills and discipline that address the breadth of portfolio, depth of complexity, and the nuanced and niche proficiency of effective SAM remains difficult within a discrete in-house operation. Thus many enterprises are insufficiently resourced through their internal SAM functions.”
This is where SAM managed services like Anglepoint are helping to bridge a critical gap.
With more than 150 professionals spread across 10 countries, Anglepoint has spent the last decade focused on delivering SAM managed services globally with an emphasis on expertise, reliability, knowledge, and credibility.
“It really is an honor to be named for the third time running as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant™ for SAM Managed Services,” says Anglepoint CEO Brian Papay.
“As the world recovers from the tumult of the last two years, it feels like this industry is evolving faster than ever in response. I am humbled by the tireless effort of our employees and our forward-thinking customers for driving us to constantly push the boundaries of our work.”
“We thank our customers around the world for their partnership and trust,” says Anglepoint President and Chairman, Ron Brill. “We are extremely proud of the results we have been able to consistently achieve together. The Anglepoint team continues to lead the industry.”
Gartner identified six core components of a managed service and several trends in the industry including:
- Over 30% of SAM managed services assessed incorporated FinOps services – an enormous issue in the SAM field. Internal SAM functions, often stretched to deliver on expectations, appear less likely to take on the management duties of FinOps.
- Expanding software portfolios, advanced adoption of SaaS, continued growth in device quantities fueled by IoT, growth of RPA fueled by digital initiatives, complex use cases, and ambiguous use rights all increase demands on SAM.
- By 2025, 40% of organizations will utilize continuous software asset management (SAM) managed services from third parties for at least part of their software estate.
- Through 2024, 60% of enterprises will underestimate cloud infrastructure and platform services consumption rates, leading to higher costs and missed opportunities for savings.
- By 2024, 40% of enterprises will use software asset management as the primary mechanism for reducing SaaS contract costs with “dominant” vendors.
Want to learn more?
Gartner® does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner® research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s® research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner® disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.